Dr. Tom Cheyney
Founder & Directional Leader
Where New and Renew Collide
Welcome to Revitalization Today, where new and renewal collide. Thanks for joining us today as we look at the most significant shift in 200 years within the church world. Join your host Dr. Tom Cheyney, Founder & Directional Leader of the Renovate National Church Revitalization Conferences, a bald guy with a big heart to help your church create, cultivate, and collaborate on current renewal and revitalization issues. This podcast is designed to talk about “all things revitalization.” In a day where many are rebranding worn out theory from the 1980’s, Revitalization Today is a refreshing focus on pure Church Revitalization and Renewal. Dr. Cheyney has worked all over North America and continue to encourage and equip the local pastors, leaders, and churches. Until He returns, Stay Refreshed, Stay Renewed, and Stay Revitalized.
Latest Podcast Episodes (Click to Watch)
1. Meet Your Revitalization Today Leaders
3. Building Momentum for Church Revitalization
4. Generating Buy-In as a Church Revitalizer Part I
5. Generating Buy-In as a Church Revitalizer Part II
6. The Critical Errors in Church Revitalization
7. The Heart of a Church Revitalizer
8. Creating Change with Tracy Jaggers
9. Using Easter to Foster Vitality
10. Churches Gone Wild with Ron Smith
11. Church GameChanger with Steve Smith
12. Your First 120 Days with Tom Cheyney
13. Resuscitating Your Gasping Church w Dr. George Thomasson
14. Developing a Restoration Culture in Revitalization with Pete Tackett and Michael Stover
15.Five ways to know that it is time to revive the revitalization focus in the local church with Dr. Desmond Barrett:
16. Why the Passive Church Members are Often More Dangerous.
17. Understanding the Warning Signs of Disastrous Decline with Dr. Steve Sells
18. Carry On: Tactical Strategies for Church Revitalization and Renewal with Gary Moritz
19. Walking the fine line with the passive-aggressive church member
20. Revitalization Lessons Through Revelation's Letters with Dr. Scott Brown
21. Insights from a Veteran Revitalizer with Pastor Tom Downs
22. The passivity that leads to church decline
23. The weight and pace of the post covid pastor in revitalization
24. The Pace of Change in Church Revitalization
25. Top Ten Thankful's in Church Revitalization
26. Building a Strategic Day for Evangelism for Christmas Eve
27. The Number One Habit that Keeps You From Revitalizing Your Church
28. Counting The Cost of Church Revitalization
29. Portable Church with Jessie Reed
30. Critical Mass in Revitalization
31. How to recover after Easter weekend?
32. Stabilizing the course change in church revitalization Part 1 of 3
33. Understanding the Core Value Index Assessment with Micheal Sharp
34. Stabilizing the Course of Change in Church Revitalization Part 2 of 3
35. Stabilizing the Course of Change in Church Revitalization Part 3 of 3
36. Signs you may need a break in Church Revitalization
37. Before it all comes crashing down (Part 1)
38. Warning Flags That Signal Your Church (Part 2, part of Before It All Comes Crashing Down)
Dr. Tom Cheyney is a nationally recognized conference leader in Church Revitalization, Church Planting, and Church Health.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Dr. Tom Cheyney is a nationally recognized conference leader in Church Revitalization, Church Planting, and Church Health. Tom has taught on five continents and is an Oxford University Distinguished Scholars Student from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is married to Cheryl and they have two adult children Ashleigh and Drew. He is the Founder & Directional Leader of the RENOVATE National Church Revitalization Conferences and leader of the RENOVATE Church Revitalization Coaching Network where he mentors pastors, churches, and Directors of Missions in Church Revitalization and Renewal. Dr. Cheyney has written over 5000 print or audio resources, guidebooks, or books for pastors, church planters, and lay leaders. His most recent books include:
The Seven Pillars of Church Revitalization and Renewal (2016), Slaying the Dragons of Church Revitalization: Dealing with the Critical Issues that are Hurting Your Church (2017), The Church Revitalizer as Change Agent (2016), The Nuts and Bolts of Church Revitalization (2015), Preaching Towards Church Revitalization and Renewal (2018), Thirty-Eight Church Revitalization Models for the Twenty First Century (2014), Church Revitalization in Rural America: Revitalizing the Heartlands (2018), Spin-Off Churches: How One Church Plants Another (2008), Life After Death: A Strategy to Bring New Life to a Dead Church (2019), Your First 120 Days In Church Revitalization And Renewal (2020) When It All Comes Crashing Down (2022).
Tom is a nationally recognized conference speaker and a frequent writer on church revitalization, church planting, new church health, and leadership development. Cheyney serves as an adjunct professor of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City and Anderson University in South Carolina where he teaches at the doctoral level for Church Revitalization seminars.
One Interesting Fact: Tom loves to go kayaking in the Atlantic Ocean fishing a few miles off shore in hopes of catching a shark or other sea creatures he can prepare for dinner. Recently, he had a run in with a shark that would not leave him alone until he dumped his whole bucket of bait shrimp over board.
One Useless Fact: Tom is an early riser daily at a few minutes after four. Yet he is known to be found praying on the sofa recliner each which his wife believes he is napping. The debate continues.